What’s the first step before you do any makeup? Skincare. It’s much easier to solve the problem than to cover it up. Have you ever tried to cover up dry skin on your face? It’s not pretty and actually slightly painful. If you have dry, irritated, sensitive skin, keep reading because you need this stuff in your life… I signed up for the Honest Company trial kit a couple months ago and got this as one of the samples. I used it once and was hooked!
Here’s my skin story…
I’ve had eczema since I was a baby but I had pretty much grown out of it until last winter when we had one of our coldest winters we’ve had in a while (mind you, this is south Louisiana so I’m sure I sound ridiculous if you live anywhere north of here) so my eczema reared its ugly head again. I went to see my dermatologist and she perscribed me a foam that retails for around $150 and it’s like an ounce. Of course, I only had to pay a copay but I couldn’t stomach the pharmaceutical company making that much money off of so little product so I filled the perscription once and set out to find my own solution.
I tried using plain coconut oil, shea butter lotion, and some Aveeno products and it was under control but it was the summer so it was heaven for my skin anyway.
About a couple months ago now, my skin started getting dry again. I had been using the Aveeno Eczema Therapy lotiion and I liked it well enough but some of the ingredients were (in my opinion) not great for irritated, sensitive skin so when I found this product that was fragrance free and had all natural ingredients I had HIGH hopes.
Here’s what The Honest Company says about the Balm:
- Organic sunflower, olive, and coconut oils work with enriching shea butter to nourish, moisturize, and help protect sensitive and irritated skin.
- Tamanu oil helps ease inflammation, promote healing, and restore and balance skin.
- Chamomile and calendula gently calm, and soothe.
- Beeswax battles existing diaper rash and prevents future cases by creating a protective barrier against urine.
- No harsh chemicals (ever!) – only powerful, natural, non-toxic ingredients in this must-have salve
- Sensitive for infants and everyday use
- Hypoallergenic • Certified Organic • Vegetarian • Biodegradable • pH Balanced • Naturally Non-Toxic
- Honestly free of petroleum, mineral oil, lanolin, gluten, parabens, phthalates, fragrances, dyes & most common allergens
It does ALL OF THIS. There is not one false claim in any of that. I go through my normal lotion routine after every shower and just add this on top of my problem spots. They stay moisturized and calm until I shower again, no need to reapply lotion throughout the day.
I have also used this stuff on my dry knuckles, dry lips, and around my eyes with no irritation whatsoever. I am so happy The Honest Company has created such a solid product that I can use daily, knowing it is only helping my skin.
I’m in the process of reviewing some of their other products and can’t wait to share them with y’all!
If you want to sign up for a free trial click here!
Thanks for reading!
This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. All reviews are 100% my honest opinion.